|The Dovecote Manor Bird House by Good Directions is a fortress to be reckoned with. Solidly built using resilient long-lasting Mango hardwood and copper, this bird hotel is built to last. While it attracts attention as an ideal outdoor accent, its removable copper roof offers the easiest access. Equipped with a long-lasting mango hardwood base to enhance durability. Air vents circulate fresh air through the space and drainage holes are in the base. The Dovecote Manor brings flocks of feathered-friends together, providing a place of refuge from any weather. Simply place on a 4 x 4 post. Dimensions: 27″ tall with a diameter of 18″.|
• Quick Ship - Ships in 24 hours!• Bell-shaped, pure copper roof with a white-painted, long-lasting hardwood base
• Removable roof and internal walls for easy clean-out
• Two story bird house with 8 compartments
• Air vents strategically placed to provide fresh air
• Simply place on a 4 x 4 post (post sold separately)
• Traditional Dovecote style with a modern flair
• Drainage holes in base
• Dimensions: 27″ tall with a diameter of 18″
I purchased this large, expensive and beautiful birdhouse at Roger's Garden in Newport Beach. I also purchased a 4 X 4 Vinyl Post (6') to place it on. GD states just place the house in a 4x4 post. Of yeah, how does the bottom of this BH which measures 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 fit inside a post that measures 4 x 4. No way.
I'm looking for suggestions. I have no idea how to solve this and I can't be the first buyer to be dealing with this issue.