September 25th, 2020
What types of information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is any information that identifies or can be linked to a specific individual.
- We collect only the PII that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on our website, place an order, make an inquiry, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you to voluntarily provide all or some of the following categories of PII: your full name, e-mail address, shipping address, billing address, telephone number, and credit card or debit card information (account number, security code and expiration date). You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also will ask you to provide limited PII (name and shipping address) of gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The PII we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes or for any purpose other than order fulfillment.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
Aggregate & Anonymous Information (“AAI”)
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information ("AAI") is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual. AAI is typically used for analyzing data and for marketing purposes.
- We may collect anonymous group data (demographics, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.) about users of our products services.
- We may also collect aggregate traffic data pertaining to the website, such as: total page views in a given time period; total impressions; average amount of time that visitors spend on the website (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that visitors spend on each page of any one or more parts of the website; percentage of Users from a certain geographical area, etc
- Moreover, we may combine visitor activity information about you and other website visitors to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our visitors and customers as a group.
- We also collect location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to "anonymize" or "de-personalize" your information.
How do we use your information?
We will not sell your PII. We may use the PII we collect from you when you register, purchase products, make an inquiry, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests or other inquiries you may make.
- To process your orders and other transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Data Security: How do we protect your PII?
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the security of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of key authorized persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All PII you voluntarily provide to us is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and , with credit and debit card information, encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that Good Directions may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your PII.
Keep your account password in a safe place and do not divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
How can I turn off “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting Customer Service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties outside Good Directions?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your PII unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described in this section. The term "third parties" does not include Good Directions, Inc. It also does not include our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and not to use it for any direct marketing purposes other than for Good Directions. We may also release your information when we reasonably believe release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also release your information to an authorized entity that acquires all or most of our business assets, in the event of a merger or acquisition.
However, AAI (as defined above) may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses without restriction.
How can you review, opt-out, remove or modify PII you have provided to us?
If you have registered on our website and have an active account, you may access and update your account information, email subscription, and other preferences at any time (subject to our scheduled maintenance windows), by logging into your account and clicking on "My Account" and then changing your preferences. Please note that, due to production schedules, you may receive emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping. Also, AAI may be retained by Good Directions indefinitely.
If you do not have a registered account, or if you have provided your information to us offline, you may request to review, delete, update and correct your information as stored by Good Directions, by sending your request to us at Good Directions, Inc., Attn: Customer Service, 20 Commerce Drive, Danbury, CT or by email at email@example.com.
Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
Good Directions takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All of our products and services are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. Good Directions does not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on our website or purchase our products. We do not knowingly collect or solicit PII about visitors under age 13.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback
. We will respond as soon as possible.